|'Titan' Launched. 1st Test Of Newest ICBM Is Successful, 1959/02/09|
(1) Titan launch test from Cape Canaveral, only first stage engine tested, 2nd stage only a dummy, engine with 300,000 lbs thrust successful (2) News In Brief - Berlin mayor Willy Brandt arrives in U.S., speaks in English (3) "Virginia" - Fort Meyer VA funeral of 6 bodies returned by Russia, crew of plane shot done by Russia, no word of other 11 crew missing (partial newsreel).
|49th Star. Alaska Statehood, New Flag, Official, 1959/01/05|
(1) Ike signed proclamation in White House, 49th star added to new staggered star design(partial newsreel).
Downloads: 3,980 (2 reviews)
|5th Republic, New Era Dawns As De Gaulle Invested, 1959/01/12|
De Gaulle new president of 5th Republic of France, has offered amnesty to Algeria rebels, speaks "viva L'France" (partial newsreel).
Downloads: 1,628 (1 review)
|80th Congress Convenes, 1947/01/06|
(1) "Hears Truman Address - Washington, DC: For the first time in fourteen years, a Republican-dominated congress assembles to hear the presidential message on the state of the Union. He asks for moderate labor legislation and urges speeding of peace settlements." (2) Miami: Orange Bowl Parade (3) Bowl Games college football (4) Pasadena: Tournament of Roses (partial newsreel).
Downloads: 1,825 (1 review)
|Target Tokyo From Saipan B-29 Base, 1944/11/27|
[missing soundtrack] (1) Target Tokyo From Saipan B-29 Base - "Saipan (1,500 miles below Tokio) was seized by the Americans in June of this year. Since that time the Seabees and Aviation Engineers have been industriously re-shaping the face of the coral island, laying out a tremendous airfield. Coral hills are blasted into particles, then 'bull dozed' and trucked to the air field site, where they are rolled and hard packed...
|tate Speeds Case Against Hauptmann, 1935/01/23|
"Flemington, NJ: Witnesses connect the kidnap ladder with wood purchased by Hauptmann. The ancient Court House and its surroundings receive a wintry coating of white, but Col. Lindbergh braves the cold without hat or coat." man speaks for the defense; newsreel ending and NRA eagle. (some parts silent of this partial newsreel without narration)
|Tel Aviv Israel, 1957-02-14|
(1) Tel Aviv Israel protest against UN order to evacuate Gaza and Sinai in Mideast and Suez (2) Photoplay awards in los Angeles, to Rock Hudson as most popular actor (partial newsreel)
|Terrific Floods Sweep Citis In Western Penna., 1936/03/18|
(Special Release: To be Shipped Separately) - Pittsburgh PA: Rapidly-rising water covers fifty blocks in the heart of the city, causing damages mounting to $10,000,000 as the menace of inundation hits a wide area. Communication lines broken, isolating Lewiston and Johnstown where a repetition of the horrible disaster of 1889 becomes a terrifying possibility to 66,000 residents. Scenes of horror multiply as swirling water crushes all barriers, leaving untold thousands homeless or unable to resume...
|Terrified Civilians Flee Air Raid, 1936/09/09|
"Cordoba, Spain: Government bombers drone through the blue over the rebel-held city, sending civilians racing in terror for cellars and other hiding places as they loose a rain of bombs. Soldiers dig trenches in the streets, fearing the Loyalist advance. - SAN SEBASTIAN: Bitter fighting between Government militia and insurgents continues, with the Republicans shown capturing a Fascist sniper. - PAMPLONA: The rebels put tiny children in black shirts and teach them to march with older girls...
|Thanks for the Dimes,1944-02-28|
(1) "Sue Ann, a juvenile infantile paralysis victim, limps to the camera to thank all moviegoers for their contributions in the recent drive." March of Dimes girl with crutches speaks [sound] (2) Recapture of Kiev "Russia's armies roll on. Stalin's dependence on artillery is dramatically demonstrated as huge batteries of guns roar into action against Kiev, the capital of the Ukraine. Russian infantry creeps into the outskirts of the metropolis, which the retreating Nazis had put to the torch, an...
|The Arsenal For D-Day, 1944/05/08|
(1) The Arsenal For D-Day "Equipment for Invasion In a U.S.A. port we see the materials of war being feverishly loaded into vessels. Planes are lifted to the decks of bulging ships, ships that are loaded to the water line with freight for the invasion. Slowly, then, the ships converge, to set sail in convoy. In Bratain we come upon acres and acres of piled up materiel and equipment, for the invasion armies on the Second Front...
Downloads: 4,255 (1 review)
|The Battle of France, 1944/06/26|
"Allies Advance in France With the Allies in France, Shortly after United Nation troops establish their beachhead, King George visits the front and General Charles De Gaulle is cheered by local populace. Thousands of prisoners are captured as take Cherbourg." (partial newsreel)
Downloads: 3,017 (1 review)
|The Cuban Crisis, 1962/10/25|
Adlai Stevenson at UN speaks on Cuban Missile Crisis; Castro builds up defenses in Cuba; cameras installed in airplane, photos show details, MiG-21 jets, OAS endorsed US in 20-0 vote, Dean Rusk shown at this meeting; Guantanamo base marines arrive; UN building exterior, Adlai Stevenson speaks (complete newsreel)
|The Dominican Revolt, 1965/05/03|
(1) LBJ speaks, not another communist government in Western Hemisphere by a "small band of conspirators" and will join OAS to appeal to rebels to lay down arms (2) Americans evacuated, 14,000 troops arrived including 82nd Airborne, 5 soldiers dead (3) "Fair From On High. Monorail Offers Bird's-Eye View." - New York World's Fair views from monorail (4) "The Kentucky Derby" 91st running at Louisville KY, won by Lucky Debonnaire ridden by Willie Shoemaker (complete newsreel)
|The Olympics. U.S. Dominates Tokyo Games, 1964/10/15|
National Gymnasium swimming pool for Don Schollander races, awarded gold medal; Dawn Fraser of Australia wins 3rd medal; backstroke race won by 3 Americans, 3 flags raised (partial newsreel)
|The Olympics. U.S. Widens Tokyo Lead, 1964/10/19|
(1) brief shot of Harold Wilson of Britain (2) Tokyo Olympics as Hirohito watches; Sharon Studer wins 3rd medal in butterfly swim race; platform diving won by Leslie Bush; track events include 100 meter spring won by Hayes - slow motion of finish; women's 100 meter (partial newsreel)
|The President. 1st Pictures of ike Since His Illness, 1955/10/27|
1) Ike poses for 1st pictures in Denver since Sept 24 heart attack (2) antitank T-101 vehicle with 90mm gun (3) fall fashions by Paul Gillette (partial newsreel)
|The RB-47 Debate. Lodge Debunks Red Spy-Flight Charges, 1960/07/25|
Lodge in UN Security Council denied RB-47 on spy flight, "what actually happend was this" points at map "there's the red arrow of the Soviet fight" - "this astonishing and criminal fact was established beyond doubt by our scientific devices that followed the RB-47
|The Red Threat. President Orders Cuban Blockade, 1962/10/22|
JFK speaks on Cuban Missile Crisis - "Soviet military buildup on the island of Cuba" - "a strict quarantine on all offensive military equipment has been initiated" - "clandestine, reckless" - JFK had meeting with Gromyko (partial newsreel)
|The Wall, 1962/08/16|
Big freedom bell rings in West Berlin on 1st anniv of Berlin Wall; checkpoints; U.S. army patrols in jeep; Brandt leads memorial services (partial newsreel).
|Third Army blasts Nazi Strongholds, 1944/11/02|
(1) 3rd Army blasts Nazi Strongholds - "Siege of Metz - Gen. Eisenhower visits Gen. Patton's American 3rd Army, on the battle lines at Metz. Tanks, mortars, bazookas, 155mm. artillery - all are used in battering at this Nazi location in the famed Siegfried Line." (2) Free Greeks Hail Allied Deliverance - "Athens Is Free - A British armada steams into the port of Athens, to be joined ashore by colorful bewhiskered Greek partisans...
|Thousands Weep As School Blast Victims Are Buried, 1937/03/20|
Thousands Weep As School Blast Victims Are Buried
|Tiros II Weatherman Satellite In Orbit Around Earth, 1960/11/24|
1) (poor quality) Thor Delta rocket launched in California carrying Tiros II weather satellite, with 2 TV cameras, in orbit 400 miles out, animation, monitored by ground stations at St. Nicholas Island CA and Fort Monmouth NJ, dish antennas, instruments, tape recorder, T V camera, TV pictures slowly scan on round screen (2) [Tiros story repeated with camera set on lower brightness, but does not seem to affect quality of picture] (3) Groton CT launching ceremonies for USS Ethan Allen Polaris sub,...
|Torpedoes Launched From Air, 1933/10/23|
"San Diego CA: Extraordinary scenes in the Pacific as Naval planes from the USS Saratoga fire two-thousand-pound projectiles at moving targets while traveling at terrific speed a few feet off the water, in a startling demonstration of a new style in sea warfare." scenes of plane taking off from aircraft carrier. - no sound (partial newsreel)
|Total War Mobilization Asked By FDR,1945/01/08|
(1) "In an address to the nation, President Roosevelt advocates National Conscription for material reasons, and for reasons of morale; he defends the principles of the Atlantic Charter; and he summons the United Nations to protect not only their own sancitity, that that of the small nations as well." (2) France Sells Laval Assets - "The estate and belongings of France's arch traitor, Pierre laval, are sold at open auction to the highest bidder." scenes of Pierre Laval, convicted by France as tra...
|Track heroes given medals, 1933/07/17|
Track heroes given medals
|Triton Launched. Giant Sub First With Twin Nuclear Engines, 1958/08/21|
1) Groton CT launch of USS Triton sub, 8th nuclear sub, with electronic gear and radar, not missiles or torpedoes (2) USS Enterprise old carrier was Halsey's WWII flagship, heads for scrap pile (partial newsreel).
|Truman Asks One Year's Army Service, 1945/10/25|
Truman speaks to Congress (silent except Truman's speech) (partial newsreel)
|Truman Faces New Job With Confidence, 1945/04/19|
(1) [starts with no sound, silent pictures of Truman, staff, then sound when Truman gives speech] "Early in the A.M. President Harry S. Truman leaves Blair House, his new temporary home, and briskly walks to the White House. Mathew J. Connelly, his confidential secretary, and Leonard Reinsch, his press and radio relations man, are busy at their tasks. The President nominates John W. Snyder, St. Louis banker, to become Federal Loan Administrator...
|Truman Lifts Meat Price Controls, 1946/10/14|
Truman speaks (partial newsreel).
|Twenty-one Nazi Chiefs Guilty, 1946/10/08|
Nuremberg trials, 21 Nazis to learn fate at end of 10-month trial (partial newsreel)
|Twins in Paris, 1965/06/21|
Paris Air Show. 2 astronauts, the "Gemini twins" Jim McDivitt and Ed White of recent Gemini-4 where White made historic space walk, with Hubert Humphrey, Yuri Gagarin (partial newsreel).